This is another scheduled post I will be doing now. It will be my thoughts, comments, reviews, and opinions of basically anything.
Today for Thankful for Thursday: Tow Truck Drivers
I am very thankful for these individuals. My general experience with them has been as follows: I see them. They are nice to have around, but do you really need one everyday? No. It's probably a good thing since they would be far too busy to take care of everyone and everything.
My story.
This past summer, I was running a quick errand up in Utah County. Quick. Meaning I spent a total of 45 minutes there and went back on my way to Moab (after grabbing some food at Cafe Rio, of course.)
I was trying to get back as quickly and safely as possible. I was prepared with an audio book, and my delicious food. I got stuck behind a fellow going a few miles under the speed limit. It was frustrating. He was driving a large tow truck too, so it was difficult to see if the way was clear to pass. In such situations - like when you are on a two lane highway - it can get frustrating. I was trying to pass this guy for a good 20 minutes.
I finally got my chance! I took it. It felt wonderful. Then I heard a strange noise. I thought, "that can't be me, but I should probably pull over just to be sure....since the noise is getting louder..."
I quickly got back in the right lane and pulled off. I was trying to slow down as gently and quickly as possible, Just as I gave a final nudge to the brakes, the front tire on the drivers side blew.
Remember those tire changing lessons? Remember where the spare and jack are? Remember, keep breathing?? Since husband is out of cell range, do I need to call Dad? Oh hey, that tow truck that was so annoying pulled off and is turning around!
The man was a miracle worker. There is no way I could have gotten those lug nuts off! After resisting the urge to burst out crying and saying thank you a zillion times (thinking it may be inappropriate to kiss him [Note from Sean: You bet your sweet patootie it would be inappropriate >:(]), I was back on the road. I didn't care that what normally takes 50 minutes at regular speed now took over 2 hours while hugging the emergency lane with flashers on. The dear, dear man came to my rescue and kept me safe (even after I was a jerky girl driver trying to pass him.)
Here's to Tow Truck Drivers! They don't get paid for everything they do. Mine was certainly an angel sent to me in my hectic and untimely hour of need.

Scary! I'm glad that the tow driver was so nice and stopped to help. That's happened to me before! Eeeeeek!
ReplyDeleteYikes! So glad you are safe!
ReplyDelete