Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thankful for Thursday

Today, I would like to say I am thankful for my body. 

This Sunday I am teaching a lesson in YW about how to care for our bodies. In going over the lesson, I thought it was interesting how much emphasis it put on the physical care of our bodies. How we groom, exercise, eat, and watch over this wonderful gift.

Our bodies are never perfect. It doesn't matter how many times I have painted toe nails, there is always a bubble or bloop or something. I mean, there's supposed to be adversity in all things right?? Right.

I am certainly not perfect in how I care for my body. I just want to say, Thank you, Body. Thank you for letting me enjoy my senses, helping me make memories with family and friends, for informing me when I have done too much or too little, giving joy at the smallest bit of pumpkin pie or holding a hand, going through things good and bad so I can relate to those around me, and thank you for being feminine. Because of you, Body, I get to live this life.

From preparing my lesson and writing this out, I resolve to do a little better in showing my gratitude to my body. I sure am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment