I decided to change the name of these posts. When I first thought of "thankful" I thought it might be related to the time of year and because Thanksgiving is coming up. I have concluded it has a nice ring, and we should always be looking for things that keep us grateful right?
So, I am Thankful for Thursday. What a great day! It is the day before Friday, and I have come to look at Thursday as an extension of the weekend! Thursday.
Sunsets.
I love the sun. I also love how it colors the world when it is setting. Sometimes the sky is beautiful, and other times it makes other things beautiful.
For instance, the arches in Arches National Park are know to look the best at sunset. It makes the red rock look brilliant!
We hiked Delicate Arch last week and saw it at sunset - a first for us. Everyone was cleared from under the arch so everyone could get an unobscured view of it. It was brilliant! After the sun set, everyone clapped as if to say, "Thank you sun. Thanks for the great show!" It was a cool experience.
Other things look better or inspriring when the sun is setting too. It's now wonder photographers like using that time for picture taking and family portraits. Not that the sun isn't great at other times.
Sunset is just a special time, and I am thankful for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment