With the computer being out of commission for a few days and me training for my new job, blogging has not happened.
So, it is time to document the projects we have been up to!
Remember those lovely finds from Grand Junction? Sean assembled them, and they look very nice in their new spaces. I had intended the new cabinet to be used for things in the kitchen: appliances, dishes, pots, etc.
| The light-grain wood is the contact paper. |
Remember our problems with ants and how they delayed our moving into the kitchen? Well, we did some weed pulling a couple nights in a row. Every weed I was working on had an ant hole under it. We woke up Friday morning to some new visitors (the ones we hadn't already killed). They found the white sugar. Unfortunate. I was seen walking out of the grocery store with some new sugar and ant traps.
Introducing some of our visitors (the little black specks).
They started to grow fewer in number; a good sign! And then Monday morning, I found they had discovered our brown sugar. Too bad I was not more careful in closing the resealable bag when I had made the cake below:
For Father's Day, we were invited to go to dinner for some grilled steaks. The wife is one of Sean's co-workers, and the husband is my new boss. (A little strange, but when people here find those they can enjoy conversation and company with, they aren't picky.)
I had offered to make dessert. With sleeping in, making a big breakfast, and doing a good number of dishes, making the dessert was put off until there was just enough time to mix it and bake it. The timer went off a few minutes before we were leaving for church....and it wasn't done...
We left the cake in, turned off the oven, and hoped it would finish cooking. It tasted okay, and was a little more dense then usual. Holes appeared that usually aren't there...
Here is the leftover cake we brought home, with one of those holes.
The recipe is in the post below :)
Introducing some of our visitors (the little black specks).
They started to grow fewer in number; a good sign! And then Monday morning, I found they had discovered our brown sugar. Too bad I was not more careful in closing the resealable bag when I had made the cake below:
For Father's Day, we were invited to go to dinner for some grilled steaks. The wife is one of Sean's co-workers, and the husband is my new boss. (A little strange, but when people here find those they can enjoy conversation and company with, they aren't picky.)
I had offered to make dessert. With sleeping in, making a big breakfast, and doing a good number of dishes, making the dessert was put off until there was just enough time to mix it and bake it. The timer went off a few minutes before we were leaving for church....and it wasn't done...
We left the cake in, turned off the oven, and hoped it would finish cooking. It tasted okay, and was a little more dense then usual. Holes appeared that usually aren't there...
Here is the leftover cake we brought home, with one of those holes.
The recipe is in the post below :)
Basically, we are enjoying the little adventures that are coming our way.
No comments:
Post a Comment