Last week, the Elders Quorum had a gathering. The theme: Bacon. You can imagine the turnout they had. It's the best I've ever seen!
So, you had to bring a dish with bacon. That was the only requirement. There were some who looked around at the food and the people there and thought, are we a gluttonous bunch or what?? Everyone else was just happy to see such a delicious spread! There was everything from mashed potatoes with bacon, bacon wrapped chicken, BBQ bacon pizza, to bacon brownies. I'm just sad I didn't bring my camera to document the bacon goodness.
The food we brought was our favorite thing there. (Thanks Mom for the idea!) Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs.
Recipe
Hot Dogs - cut into four pieces, or eight pieces for Costco sized dogs, uncooked
Bacon - strips cut into three pieces, uncooked
Ketchup
Brown Sugar
Tooth Picks
1. Line you pan with foil. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Wrap pieces of hot dog with bacon, and secure the bacon with a toothpick.
3. Dip the bacon wrapped doggies in ketchup then brown sugar and place on pan. Cook in the oven for 1 hour.
Love it! I suggested this to Justin. :)
ReplyDelete