Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday is Tasty - Caesar Salad Pizza

Caesar Salad Pizza

I was inspired by a Pampered Chef recipe for this dinner. It had just what I wanted: something warm, something fresh, something all-in-one. I mostly didn't follow the recipe. It was just my guide.


Recipe:

1      recipe of pizza dough (I used the Kitchen Aid recipe, but there are
        lots of good ones out there.)
1      head lettuce, cut/torn into bit-sized pieces, about 3 cups
1/2   cup tomatoes
1      cup cooked chicken (leftovers were used here)
1/2   cup grated Parmesan
1/2   cup Caesar dressing
1      clove of garlic

1.  Roll out the pizza dough on your pan or stone. Polk holes in the bottom to help the crust cook evenly. Bake according to recipe directions.

2. While the crust is cooking, combine half of the dressing, and Parmesan, and the clove of garlic in a small bowl. In a large bowl toss the lettuce, tomato, chicken, and the other half of the dressing and Parmesan.

3. Once the crust is done, spoon the dressing, cheese, and garlic mixture over the surface and spread it around so it covers evenly. Move the tossed salad from the bowl to the pizza. Serve immeditely.

1 comment: