This weekend we had some friends come down to play in Arches. They let us tag along on Saturday, and it was pretty fun. First of all, it was Tommy, Tyler, and Eric. Second, we were able to get a personal permit to Fiery Furnace. Put those two together, and it was a hiking party! Observe:
 |
| A nice person offered to take this picture... after they saw us struggling to take it ourselves. |
I dropped the cover to my lenses a few times....so Sean retrieved it....
 |
| We tried several times to get a group shot...this is the best one. |
 |
| Running on canyon walls! |
 |
| Sean doing a jump. |
 |
| Tommy doing a jump. |
 |
| Tyler doing a jump. |
It was a perfect day to explore Fiery Furnace. We hiked, army crawled, leaped, scrambled, scooted, sprawled, and had a lot of fun. It was nice being in an area of the Park with so few people.
That evening we did a hike down Negro Bill Canyon. I forgot a few things for the hike, including the camera. (We will do that hike again, and will definitely take the camera.) My body has never protested so much after a day of hiking. Totally worth it!
Oh I really want to come down! Let's plan a weekend when you get back from your vacation. I don't care how hot it is.
ReplyDelete