We all met for breakfast on our last day. Most of us got those fabulous fruit-filled crepes.
The girls went off to shop before we had to go. It was a little fun, and a little stressful. I was thankful Karen was comfortable with her Spanish and could take charge of the bartering.
It really stunk having to say goodbye. A part of my heart stayed in Pana.
Our driver was really nice, and JC took charge as we made our way back to Guatemala City. We stopped at a little side tent. They served authentic Guatemalan bbq. It was delicious and the people were very nice.
At first I was wary that our driver was armed. Then we passed a
motorcycle with two guys riding. The passenger was holding a shotgun.
After that, I was super thankful we had an armed and prepared driver. Guatemala City had some impressive architecture. We also walked by the presidential palace.
We stopped at the aquarium restaurant and walked by the hotel JC and Travis got to stay at. Swanky place!
We were able to get through customs without any incident and within a half hour. Good thing, cause our connecting flight was leaving in a half hour. The jungle hike prepared us for our airport run!
I am looking forward to our next trip to Pana to see the parents, and I guess more of the country. We saw a lot, but there is so much more to be seen.




No comments:
Post a Comment