Alright! Here is what we did with the bathroom. The color inspiration came from our towels and rugs. Sean was captain of the Spackle; the last tenants gave him plenty to work on. After we picked up paint and towel racks made in this century, we went to town.
Sean heard a designer say you tier the shades of the colors you use. In the same color tone, paint dark for the floor boards, medium for the walls, and light for the ceiling.
I wasn't super convinced that was a concrete rule, but decided we should try it out for the bathroom....
We love it! I was a doubter, I'll admit. The dark trim frames the window so nicely, and gives a nice feel to the whole bathroom.
Next up: painting the living room and kitchen. (We didn't intend to do both in the same day...)
Haha, yes that is a definite rule that everyone loves as soon as they try it!
ReplyDeleteOooooh! Looks fabulous! So how come you guys get to paint the whole house? Aren't you renting? Very, very fun!!
ReplyDelete